Sunday, August 15, 2010
A world of contradictions
I am here to tell you a story of "One" and "Other". They seem to be separated by a fragment of realism. Its surprising to me how whats difficult for One is so easy for the Other. After all they are the same. Its so hard for One to sometimes figure out what he wants. His life decisions seem to be a constant pursuit of self discovery. Yet Other seems to have clarity beyond reason. Its so easy for Other to express "whats on his mind". One is struggling to mouth the same. Strange. Other has a wide circle of "acquaintances" may I say. Birthdays, anniversary's etc at his tip and probably the first to say Happy Birthday. Poor One, was so caught up in work forgot to call up his sweetheart and say he misses her . Other does not have this difficulty. He makes sure everyone (including her) knows, he misses her. I once noticed Other gave me a thumbs up for four different photos of mine. One on the other hand who sits right next to me at work, cant look up to me and say the pictures were good. I don't mind. I sometimes feel Other has a better opinion then One. Well for one thing Other either likes something, or has no opinion at all . That's a convenient arrangement I would say. No hard feelings. I know Other misses mom. So many references about mom's food, mom's singing... Its hard not to notice. One could learn from him. How can One not find the time to call his mom on an impulse and talk to her for five minutes... just five minutes. There is something I have learnt from Other. Other has always been clear about his presence. When Other is busy you can see it, clearly, and then you don't want to disturb. When the Other is available he gives you a green signal. Talk away. He is listening. One is physically present, but you cant say for sure if he is listening. I am not here to talk in favour of Other. I am not taking sides. I know there are many things that the Other can learn from One. I sometimes feel Other does not know whats for himself and whats for the others. In an impulse to show the world Other would scream out loud some of its most beautiful and personal reverberations. I learnt from One that happiness need not always be a scream from the top of a hill. But One has accepted that the world does not listen to whispers . If its not loud, its just not there. The more I think about these two, the more I find it intriguing. If only they could have a bit of "one and other". Wont they make a perfect equation? While One lacks a bit of expression, Other needs to appreciate the subtle . I myself stand lost between these two, and I know for sure many who stand by me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that's some post! I spent the entire time figuring out what qualities of One I possess and what traits of Other.
At the end of the day, we all strive for balance don't we? Blessed are those that find it.
Coming back to your post, I simply loved the manner in which you have expressed the contradictions, the flow of incidents and opinions. Keep 'em coming!
What delusion???
This is by far one of the better blog entries I have read. And, I have read quite a few. The thought I say is pretty simple, but the narration and the layout is fantastic.
Write that book NOW!!! :-)
- Fan No.1
Post a Comment